1) I’ve been a bad blogger lately. I picked up an extra freelance project a month ago, and it’s been hogging my time. I turned it in yesterday and now I’m questioning everything again. Everything being the whole stay-at-home vs. part-time work-at-home vs. full-time work-outside-of-the-home decision that I seem to squabble with every few months. I cut back on work a lot after Hadley was born, and it felt really good to delve back into medical writing for the past few weeks. So, I’m at a crossroads again and don’t know where to go from here.
I love being home with my kids, but I also love working. I achieved a great balance last year, but once another kiddo was added to the mix, things got thrown off again. I think I’ll always feel this way, though. I’m always impressed by the people who know they were meant to stay at home or work outside of the home.
2) That being said, I have a feeling I’ll just keep up this part-time work-at-home thing until both of my kids are in school, because it will take me that long to make a decision. It’s not the wisest financial move for my family, but oh my goodness, time is going so fast! This little girl turned 7 months old today…
She doesn’t know what to think about the slide.
…and this not-so-little boy will be THREE next weekend. How?!
3) I thought I’d be training for Dopey by now. Right before NYCM, I put together a training plan based on Jeff Galloway’s Dopey training plan. Pam and Christine used his plan last year and had great success, so I wanted to give it a go. Then the disaster of NYCM happened, and now I feel “meh” towards running. I think the disappointing performance coupled with the upcoming holiday season just make me not want to devote a ton of time towards training over the next eight weeks. I’m enjoying sleeping in a bit and doing short, easy runs. I’m hoping I get the urge to run fast and long again over the next week or so, or else I’ll be miserable at Dopey!
4) Speaking of the holidays, I wanted to share a Rodan + Fields offer with you guys that’s good for the rest of the year.
I cannot speak about the Macro Exfoliator highly enough. I had my make-up professionally done last month for my brother’s wedding, and the make-up artist complimented my skin and asked how often I get facials. Umm never! It’s just due to the amazing Rodan + Fields REVERSE regimen plus the Macro. She didn’t apply any foundation or cover-up on my skin which is just crazy to me. I never thought I’d be the girl with great skin.
My natural skin and my very unnatural eyelashes. My mom uses R+F products, too! Doesn’t she look great?
Email me at jenilee (at) myrandf (dot) com to learn more about the deal. Until the end of November, I can also sign you up as a preferred customer free of charge – preferred customers get 10% off and free shipping on one order a month.
Seven years ago today, my husband and I got married!
It’s so crazy to think that amazing day was a full seven years ago now. It went by in the blink of an eye!
We were very lucky to not just have a wedding day, but a full wedding weekend! We were married in Disney World and we were fortunate to have 65 friends and family come down for the entire weekend to celebrate with us.
It was a blast as you can imagine! We went to the parks, rode a lot of rides, ate great meals, and laughed nonstop.
My parents, bridesmaids, and I stayed in the Beach Club Villas and most of our guests stayed next door at the Beach Club. It’s always been my favorite resort so staying there made the weekend even more special. Plus, the proximity to the Boardwalk, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios made it easy for everyone to get around.
As far as the actual wedding, we had our rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian – still my favorite restaurant on property. If only I knew how to recreate those delicious noodles at home. Mmmm.
Our wedding ceremony was at Sea Breeze Pointe at Disney’s Boardwalk resort.
Our ceremony started at 10:00 a.m. – which I would not recommend for a June wedding! It was HOT. I remember waiting to walk down the aisle feeling sweat drip down my legs – lovely!
Our reception was at Ariel’s in the Beach Club. It’s a more intimate room with under-the-sea décor, but it went perfectly with our flip-flop theme.
My wedding weekend was one of the best weekends of my life – and a large part of it had to do with the guy I married!
Marriage is a wild ride, but I’m so glad I chose him as my teammate.
Here’s to the next 70 years!
My brain is completely fried. A valid excuse when you have a two-week old, no? I don’t have much to say because my days are spent this way – sleep a little, nurse a lot, try to give my two-year old as much attention as my baby, remember to eat and drink, gently put the baby down without waking her so I can go pee.
Worth it x100.
Instead of oversharing what I’ve been up to lately, I’m hopping on the bandwagon and sharing useless tidbits about myself – because clearly that’s more entertaining blog content. I saw these 29 TMI questions on Ashley’s, Ashley’s, Brittany’s, and Caitlin’s blogs so I’m copying them. Side note: these “TMI” questions aren’t really TMI at all…
1. What are you wearing? Maternity tank, nursing bra, and yoga pants.
2. Ever been in love? Yup.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Kind of. In college with Jeff, so I’m not sure that counts because it didn’t last.
4. How tall are you? 5’7”.
5. How much do you weigh? I weighed 172lbs. a few days before I had Hadley, but I’ve lost at least 7lbs 4oz since then.
6. Any tattoos? 4 (so far), but only 3 are visible – one covers another.
7. Any piercings? 6 holes in my ears and a scar from a belly button piercing.
8. Favorite song? Livin’ on a Prayer, I’ll Be There for You, and everything else by Bon Jovi. #jerseygirl
9. Quality you look for in a partner? Ability to admit that I’m always right, kindness, passion, sense of humor, and willingness to put up with my constant sarcasm and mood swings.
10. Favorite Quote? Everything happens for a reason. (Because it does.)
11. Favorite actor? Rachel McAdams.
12. Loud music or soft? Loud.
13. Where do you go when you’re sad? Somewhere in my running shoes.
14. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 15 minutes. Back when I had a job and got dressed, dried my hair, and put on make-up? 40 minutes.
15. Ever been in a physical fight? Nope.
16. Turn on? Calf muscles.
17. Turn off? Liars, narcissists, and people who are obsessed with money.
18. Fears? Bugs, heights, skin cancer, eye injuries, something happening to my kids.
19. Last thing that made you cry? Nipple pain from a sore earlier this morning.
20. Last time you said you loved someone? About 5 minutes ago.
She didn’t say it back but I forgive her.
21. Meaning behind your YouTube Name? I think my youtube name is the same as my blog name, but it’s been ages since I accessed it.
22 The relationship between you and the person you last texted? My college roomie.
23. Favorite food? Pizza, burritos, crumb cake, pineapple, chocolate, coffee.
24. Place you want to visit? Santorini.
25. Do you have a crush? Justin Timberlake because I’m still 16 years old at heart.
26. Last time you kissed someone? Wyatt, when he left to go to the playground with my mom.
27. Last time you were insulted? Someone asked me last week when the baby was due. I said I already had her, and then the woman asked why I still had a stomach. I felt awesome about myself after the exchange.
I look early second trimester pregnant, but that’s normal, right? Humor me.
28. Favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding rings and a 3-stone diamond necklace my nanny gave me.
29. Who should answer these questions next? All of you guys!