Seven years ago today, my husband and I got married!
It’s so crazy to think that amazing day was a full seven years ago now. It went by in the blink of an eye!
We were very lucky to not just have a wedding day, but a full wedding weekend! We were married in Disney World and we were fortunate to have 65 friends and family come down for the entire weekend to celebrate with us.
It was a blast as you can imagine! We went to the parks, rode a lot of rides, ate great meals, and laughed nonstop.
My parents, bridesmaids, and I stayed in the Beach Club Villas and most of our guests stayed next door at the Beach Club. It’s always been my favorite resort so staying there made the weekend even more special. Plus, the proximity to the Boardwalk, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios made it easy for everyone to get around.
As far as the actual wedding, we had our rehearsal dinner at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian – still my favorite restaurant on property. If only I knew how to recreate those delicious noodles at home. Mmmm.
Our wedding ceremony was at Sea Breeze Pointe at Disney’s Boardwalk resort.
Our ceremony started at 10:00 a.m. – which I would not recommend for a June wedding! It was HOT. I remember waiting to walk down the aisle feeling sweat drip down my legs – lovely!
Our reception was at Ariel’s in the Beach Club. It’s a more intimate room with under-the-sea décor, but it went perfectly with our flip-flop theme.
My wedding weekend was one of the best weekends of my life – and a large part of it had to do with the guy I married!
Marriage is a wild ride, but I’m so glad I chose him as my teammate.
Here’s to the next 70 years!
My brain is completely fried. A valid excuse when you have a two-week old, no? I don’t have much to say because my days are spent this way – sleep a little, nurse a lot, try to give my two-year old as much attention as my baby, remember to eat and drink, gently put the baby down without waking her so I can go pee.
Worth it x100.
Instead of oversharing what I’ve been up to lately, I’m hopping on the bandwagon and sharing useless tidbits about myself – because clearly that’s more entertaining blog content. I saw these 29 TMI questions on Ashley’s, Ashley’s, Brittany’s, and Caitlin’s blogs so I’m copying them. Side note: these “TMI” questions aren’t really TMI at all…
1. What are you wearing? Maternity tank, nursing bra, and yoga pants.
2. Ever been in love? Yup.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Kind of. In college with Jeff, so I’m not sure that counts because it didn’t last.
4. How tall are you? 5’7”.
5. How much do you weigh? I weighed 172lbs. a few days before I had Hadley, but I’ve lost at least 7lbs 4oz since then.
6. Any tattoos? 4 (so far), but only 3 are visible – one covers another.
7. Any piercings? 6 holes in my ears and a scar from a belly button piercing.
8. Favorite song? Livin’ on a Prayer, I’ll Be There for You, and everything else by Bon Jovi. #jerseygirl
9. Quality you look for in a partner? Ability to admit that I’m always right, kindness, passion, sense of humor, and willingness to put up with my constant sarcasm and mood swings.
10. Favorite Quote? Everything happens for a reason. (Because it does.)
11. Favorite actor? Rachel McAdams.
12. Loud music or soft? Loud.
13. Where do you go when you’re sad? Somewhere in my running shoes.
14. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 15 minutes. Back when I had a job and got dressed, dried my hair, and put on make-up? 40 minutes.
15. Ever been in a physical fight? Nope.
16. Turn on? Calf muscles.
17. Turn off? Liars, narcissists, and people who are obsessed with money.
18. Fears? Bugs, heights, skin cancer, eye injuries, something happening to my kids.
19. Last thing that made you cry? Nipple pain from a sore earlier this morning.
20. Last time you said you loved someone? About 5 minutes ago.
She didn’t say it back but I forgive her.
21. Meaning behind your YouTube Name? I think my youtube name is the same as my blog name, but it’s been ages since I accessed it.
22 The relationship between you and the person you last texted? My college roomie.
23. Favorite food? Pizza, burritos, crumb cake, pineapple, chocolate, coffee.
24. Place you want to visit? Santorini.
25. Do you have a crush? Justin Timberlake because I’m still 16 years old at heart.
26. Last time you kissed someone? Wyatt, when he left to go to the playground with my mom.
27. Last time you were insulted? Someone asked me last week when the baby was due. I said I already had her, and then the woman asked why I still had a stomach. I felt awesome about myself after the exchange.
I look early second trimester pregnant, but that’s normal, right? Humor me.
28. Favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding rings and a 3-stone diamond necklace my nanny gave me.
29. Who should answer these questions next? All of you guys!
Well, well, well – March really did go out like a lamb in the Carolinas. We’ve had a handful of nice days the past month or so, but it would always get cold again. Thankfully, it’s been in the 80’s all week and I think our days of sub-freezing temps are behind us.
But this pretty weather is making me want to run so badly! I feel like everyone is out there running but me. I want to run fast and sweat. Related: it’s the weirdest feeling chasing my son around in 84 degree temps for over an hour and not sweating at all – yay, water retention. I debated a run/walk yesterday but figured, at 38(!) weeks, my pelvis would probably snap in half after 0.10mi or something if I tried to run again. So, I shall wait.
It’s also iced coffee weather, though! I caved and tried Dunkin’s new cookie dough flavored coffee yesterday and meh. I was completely underwhelmed. I always get suckered in to trying all of their new flavors, but nothing will ever beat good old French vanilla or pumpkin.
I’ve been eating out more than I care to admit lately. Chipotle on Wednesday, the Dunkin run yesterday, Starbucks earlier in the week – and we’ll likely go out to dinner on Saturday as long as I’m still pregnant. I just have this ridiculous feeling like I’m never, ever going to be able to leave the house again soon so I may as well indulge now. Mind you, 2 of the 3 places I went to this week have drive thrus so this is completely absurd.
My doctor thinks that I’m going to go into labor in the next week. As of Wednesday, I was 3cm dilated, 70% effaced, and 0 station. I really didn’t want to get checked until 39w this time, but with my history of going early, having a fast labor, and being group B strep positive this time (major boo), my doctor insisted on checking me. She said I may make it to my next appointment on Monday, probably won’t make it to 39w, and definitely won’t make my due date. I was upset for awhile, but then I remembered that this Dr. said Wyatt would be a Christmas baby a week before I had him… on Thanksgiving eve.
So, it’s my goal to prove her wrong. My BFF, mom, and dad are all coming next weekend and I’ll be 39+2 then, so that’d be the ideal time for baby girl to make her appearance. Plus, I selfishly want a few more days of just snuggling this little guy.
Have a great weekend, friends!