Guess who actually did all of Best Body Bootcamp this week? That's right: this girl.
I'm very happy that I finally got back into bootcamp. Though it was a pretty sub-par week as far as cardio workouts go, particularly running. Last Saturday's race left me with an angry left hamstring, presumably from the camber in the road. I didn't want soreness to turn into an injury so I backed off. Then, I got sick. I'm all for working out through a cold if you feel up to it, but I really didn't feel up to doing much. So, I took it easy and got some extra rest.
My week in workouts:
- M: OFF
- Tu: 4mi at 8:21
- W: BBB workout A (only did 2 of 3 sets because my hamstring hurt)
- Th: 4mi at 8:01, BBB workout B
- F: 30min bike trainer
- S: 25min bike trainer, BBB workout C
- S: 5mi at 7:44 <--- no hamstring pain, wohoo!
- I walked Nati (+ Wyatt!) 7 of 7 days this week.
- Re: giving up desserts for the whole week: I made it to day 5 before giving in. Days 1 and 2 were definitely the hardest, and I only reached for sweets on Friday because I wanted to drown my emotions in sugar. My family is going through something heartbreaking right now and I'm sad I can't be with them yet. I haven't handled it too well, so I reached for a brownie to feel better. Of course, it didn't make me feel better and it didn't even taste that good because of my cold. I'm still proud of myself, though. One dessert in 7 days is likely a record low for me. Sad, but true. I almost want to say I'm not craving sugar as much anymore since this little experiment. This week, I'm just going to try to limit my sweets intake. I doubt I'll be able to go dessert-free since I'll be headed out of town soon to a place where more brownies to use as coping mechanisms will be available. And, I know I'll have to test them out!