Between recovering from a half marathon and tapering for another half, I just didn't have it in me to lift more than once this week. As much as I missed my strength training sessions, running has always been my top priority.
We only have two weeks of bootcamp left! Sadness. I'd love to tell you that I plan to go all out starting today and act like a lifting rockstar for these last two weeks. But I'd be lying. I really have no plan for this week.
I am exhausted and so sore from my race on Saturday. It's literally been years since my body has felt this way after a race. Clearly, I need to focus on recovering right now. I'll do the bootcamp workouts as best as I can this week, but I know I need to listen to my body.
That being said, I am going to repeat the missed bootcamp sessions from the past few weeks eventually. Tina put so much time and effort into crafting these amazing workouts, and I really want to take advantage of them. More to come on my upcoming "training" plans soon!
My week in workouts:
- M: 4mi recovery run at 8:44
- Tu: 3.1 mi recovery run w/ stroller at 8:48, BBB workout A
- W: OFF
- Th: 4 mi run w/ stroller at 8:20
- F: OFF
- S: half marathon in 1:40:40
- S: long walk w/ baby + furball
- I walked Nati 6 of 7 days this week. Goal met!
- I had more than one dessert 7 of 7 days this week. Goal not met! Starting today, I am done with sweets. I have zero self-control lately and I have no idea where this suddenly came from. I've always had a major sweet tooth, but never had a problem limiting myself to one treat per day. I feel bloated, my skin looks blotchy, and every night I feel disgusted by how much sugar I've inhaled throughout the day. Obviously, the one-sweet-per-day goal isn't working, so I need to be a little harsher with myself. I'm not having any dessert for a full week and seeing how it goes. I really, really hope I can do it!