I feel kind of silly posting my Best Body Bootcamp recap this week. As I mentioned last week, I planned to take it easy this week so my legs would be as fresh as possible for my half marathon this past Saturday. After hearing your tips, I decided not to lift after Tuesday.
Truth be told, I really missed strength training and felt kind of lazy all week. Though, I guess that's how taper weeks are supposed to feel. I'm really enjoying lifting lately and have plans to keep it up after bootcamp ends. I'll likely go back and do some of these fun workouts I missed.
This week I'll be taking it easy again because I'm running another half marathon this coming Saturday. I'm definitely bummed that I won't be doing much of bootcamp. But since this strategy paid off in my race this week, I don't want to mess with it.
Here's my weekly recap:
- M: 4mi at 7:44 (including 2x 1600m at 7:08), BBB workout A
- Tu: 3.1 mi w/ jogging stroller at 8:48, BBB workout B
- W: OFF
- Th: 4mi at 8:38
- F: OFF
- S: Half marathon in 1:42:19
- S: 30 min lake swim <--- First time swimming since the day before I went into labor! (Note: Pregnant friends, it's not the wisest idea to wear your regular running clothes, pajamas, and swimsuits throughout pregnancy because you want to save money by not buying many maternity clothes. One day, you won't be pregnant anymore and these items will be all stretched out or have holes in them. Trust me.)
- Wyatt and I took a walk 6 of 7 days this week. Nati is home now, so he'll be joining us on our long afternoon walks from here on out.
- I failed fantastically in the sweets department and fell short of my goal. The evil people at Rite Aid put the Reese's Pieces eggs on sale before Easter. So, of course, I had to buy and indulge in way too many. I was carbo-loading after all. Ugh. I have no self-control around sugar. None.