Another week of Best Body Bootcamp down. We're actually halfway through already!
I need to fess up: I've been a bootcamp bum. I missed an ab workout, didn't always do as many sets or reps as I should have, and dropped my weight down a bit. I know. What's the point of committing to a program like this if you're just going to slack off?
I simply bit off more than I could chew. My half marathons (next weekend and the weekend after) are my top priorities. It's my first chance to race all out in 17 months, and I am so excited! Being sore from bootcamp makes me feel hardcore when I'm just walking around during the day. But when my legs are tired on my easy runs, that makes me nervous.
So, I'm intentionally not doing bootcamp all out for the next couple weeks. It's a shame because these workouts are awesome. Seriously, Tina is so good at what she does. If she wasn't, then I'd have no problem training + doing my bootcamp exercises as directed. Luckily, I heard a rumor that Best Body Bootcamp 2.0 may happen later this year. Can't wait!
Here's my week in workouts:
- M: OFF
- Tu: 6mi at 7:42 (4mi at tempo 7:31), BBB workout A
- W: 4mi stroller run at 8:38
- Th: 5mi at 7:57, BBB workout B
- F: OFF
- S: 12mi long run at 8:15
- S: 20 min bike trainer, BBB workout C, abs
- Since Nati is on vacation, I tweaked this goal to be: take Wyatt for a walk every day. When Nati isn't around, I'm not one to go on walks for the heck of it. But Wyatt needs fresh air and it's likely only a matter of weeks before the outside temps get too unbearable for my little guy. I'm proud to say we met this goal 5/7 days.
- I also met my one-sweet-a-day goal again 5/7 days this week! Per Amanda's suggestion, I've been having a smoothie each day to trick myself into thinking I'm consuming a dessert. It's actually working!
For all you experienced runners + lifters, my race is on Saturday. We're supposed to strength train 4 days this week, though my goal is 2-3 days. When is the last day I can lift lower body and not have it impact my race performance? Thanks for your help!