Guess where I am?
And I almost called it!
I'm in shock that I'm going to have a baby so soon. I never would have guessed I'd go into labor today, but it's happening.
Things I've learned in the past 24 hours:
- "Nesting" may not mean you clean and organize. Instead, it may present as an intense urge to bake a chocolate chip cake late one Monday night.
- Not all first time moms go past their due dates.
- When your water breaks, it may be bloody instead of clear.
- Labor won't necessarily start on its own if your water breaks.
- If you need to be induced, the start of labor will be really boring. I know I'll miss this part in a few hours!
- You may pull your first all-nighter at the age of 29… and be looking forward to it.
See you on the other side!